Mapping has become nothing less than a foundational service, bolstering industries across the spectrum with the wide array of information it provides. From basic level needs to those of the highest complexity, ICS has delved deeply into all aspects of mapping. AutoCAD conversions. GIS. SmartMap from SAP work orders. Creating TIFF and CAD hybrids. Analyzing and inputting field data. Map generation from surveying and locating projects. Manual updates of hard copies. ICS possesses a wealth of in-house tools to deliver all your organization’s mapping needs.
In this extensive project, ICS updated existing GIS data and added missing data to create a single operational mapping system for the client’s companies. ICS transferred all current GTX gas mapping data into the ArcFM GIS system. Existing data was verified and amended in ArcFM by analyzing and converting TIFF/Raster images to a GIS format.
ICS verified the GIS location of current and future mains, services and features resulting in enhanced accuracy, including precision linking of SAP customer service records to the corresponding mains.
The ICS team conducted an exhaustive review of more than 7000 paper and TIFF images, interpreting and capturing the required attributes for key equipment and reference points: mains, tracer wire boxes, drips, pipe casings, dimensions, test tubes, valves, services, right of ways and structures.
- 3500 TIFF (Raster Images) Gas Map
- 500 Paper TIFF, AutoCAD Regulator Drawings
- 3200 TIFF Corrosion Maps
- Archived As-Builts
- 2000+ Gas Service Orders
- Customer GIS table/link
- County and City Tax maps
- Available GPS coordinates for existing equipment
- Fully converted and Georeferenced maps
- Provided all necessary equipment dimensions and buildings shown on raster images
- Using GIS layers with the correct feature classes, created and edited key equipment and reference points
- Applied the supplied GPS coordinates to geographically place features in correct locations
- Geographically aligned features using dimensions identified on operating maps, aerial photography, tax maps, and regulator station drawings.
- Updated customer attachments to edited or replaced main
- Fully converted corrosion data from corrosion maps and existing cathodic protection points
- Updated and Added Records:
- 100,000 Distribution mains & 2,500 Transmission mains
- 11,600 Valves, 20,000 Tracer Wire Boxes, 1700 Drips
- 2,000 Services
- 6,500 Pipe Casings
- 150,000 Dimensions